Jump to content

Residential staff

Residential staff are often the first to be aware that a student is experiencing emotional or mental health problems. The amount of support they can offer will differ between institutions but they are normally experienced in supporting students through the normal up and downs of student life. Where the problems are more severe they can advise on other sources of support.

Residential staff are not trained counsellors or mental health experts so when students are experiencing serious emotional or mental health problems support from a GP or counsellor will be required. It may be helpful for a student to inform a member of the residential staff if they are going through a difficult time so that they can be aware of their situation.

See all Local Support for Students

Last edited: 17 06 2009